When our clients come to wondering if Mercer County NJ is the best place to throw down their roots, we tell them that not only is Mercer County home of some of the best schools in the state and country (link to other blog here), but there are also so many wonderful things to do in Mercer County NJ!
From Grounds for Sculpture to the Old Barracks Museum in Trenton, Mercer County is home to so many fun activities that are perfect for young and old!
Let’s take a look at some of the best activities here in town from the Trenton Museum, to some favorite restaurants in Mercer County.
Oh What Fun! From the Trenton Museum to the Best Restaurants in Mercer County
From food to art to play, here’s a list of some of your “must-do’s” and “must-eats” in Mercer County:
Here is just a tiny sampling of the amazing cuisine this area has to offer for foodies of all ages and cuisine preferences!
- Get cozy at this Italian BYOB bistro—Vidalia Restaurant and Catering—is your mouth watering yet? It will be when you dine indoors or on the garden patio!
- Feel refined and chic all at the same time with some of the best fine dining Mercer County has to offer at the Peacock Inn. This glorious 18th century mansion is not only gorgeous for the eyes, but also splendid for the appetite!
- Watch the game and get some good grub at JoJo’s Tavern! You’ll feel right at home here.
- Vegetarians need apply to Mahzu East Windsor for some tasty Japanese dishes. Even better? You can bring your meat-eating friends along for the teriyaki!
If you didn’t know already, there are so many great things to do in Princeton NJ—one of the spotlights of Mercer County! Take a peek at these activities in Princeton and the surrounding Mercer County area.
- Get your artist on at the Princeton University Art Museum— an excellent museum in the Mercer County area that many fellow NJ residents from north and south flock to visit!
- Enjoy the fresh air and exquisite sculptures at the Grounds for Sculptures in Hamilton, NJ! This is an activity perfect for couples, singles, or families.
- Catch a concert, play or ballet at the McCarter Theatre Center!
- Looking for fresh food and community? Head to the Trenton Farmers Market at Mercer County Park! You’ll be glad you did. Bring the kiddos, too.
- Cure your sweet tooth craving at the David Bradley Chocolatier Factory in Windsor, NJ. Yum!
- Sample the wine selections at the Terhune Orchards & Winery –just another one of the many things to do in Princeton, NJ.
- Need more wine? We’ve got your covered. Go to Working Dog Winery in Robbinsville for more fine wine.
- Enjoy the beautiful architecture at the New Jersey State House
Whether you’re looking for a history lesson, some art appreciation, great eats, wonderful music, or the taste of sweet chocolate, you’ll love living and playing in Mercer County. These 8 activities to enjoy simply skim the surface of all the activity, nightlife, social and cultural times to be had in Mercer County. We hope you love exploring this beautiful area of New Jersey!